Diodes and SCR's

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Hi All...

got a question about diodes and scr's

can a scr be used as a diode?   well....  can 4 scrs be used as a full
wave bridge rectifier???  and if they can be used as a FWBR  how does
one wire up the gates to do so??

I just found out that the diodes I have been using in my power supply
are rated for 100 V 70 A ( set up as a full wave BR) and Ive been
pumping 300VAC into them at 60A ....  either I blew up something and
didnt see it go  OR...  these diodes are EXTREMELY underrated and are
handling the abuse. Ive loaded the "DC" side and checked for ac ripple
and there wasnt any of appreciable amount ( 300VAC in   390DC out...
when under load, 310VDC -at-30A  with 8 vac ripple.)

also ...  are any of you interested in selling some old stocked diodes
or FWBR' s that are sitting in the dust pile ( preferably  600+V at
100A+ ) I'd be really interested in them.

Scot D