pics

Original poster: "cd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vbprg1-at-hotmail-dot-com>

some pics from the construction phase of my first coil....
please tell me what you think

http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~cdowdy2/

notes on pics not at page
the primary outer edge is now elevated 1 inch
I did this by cutting the twisty ties securing end
and then inserting 1 inch spacers putting new twisty ties in

I have placed the power supply on a plastic crate about 5 feet back
I have inplemented the saftey gap there
and plan on winding 2 rf chokes

A question on chokes
my plan is to use 2 x  6 inch pieces of 1"od pvc then wrap 5 inches of them
with 26 awg magnet wire cap and place between saftey gap and the rest of
tank circuit....

I have 4 rather large caps I salvaged from 2 old ac units.
1 measured 50 uf
1 measured 39
and the other 2 were 8 uf I think
can I possibly use these as filter caps
or are they just good for blasting pieces of flux wire ? a yet untried
experiment...

also can someone write me a quick tutorial on safely discharging caps
and general safe tuning procedure...
I have a feeling ill be doing a lot of tuning.
the design program said 12th turn.... I ll crap a brick should I be that
lucky

kill switch, unplug ,drop caps, then move tuner?

Currently there is just that page but
Im interested in what you think of my first coil
Chris Dowdy