Re: SRSG timing & other Q's

In a message dated 5/21/02 10:49:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Steve,

IT's not normal for the safety gaps to fire with a srsg.  Cradle mounts
are excellent, but a phase shifter circuit makes the job easier.

  http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page3.html

I assume you've tested
the motor for sync operation with the rotary disc rotor attached?
If not, the extra weight and air resistance may be preventing it
from synch-ing.  I'd recommend installing a secondary so you
can see how long the sparks are.  That's a good way to know
if the rotary is phased correctly.  Without a secondary in place,
you won't have a clue what's happening.  How are you attempting
to know when the gap is phased correctly?  THere are two phase positions
that can work correctly, but one is better than teh other in
certain ways.  I posted some long posts about all this about
a month or two ago.  You may ruin the NST doing the kinds of
tests your doing, esp without a safety gap.  Running without
a secondary is not that great for the NST's either, due to
the long ring down times you'll encounter... lot's of RF...

Cheers,
John