Re: SRSG timing & other Q's

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi,

Yes the motor has been modified to run sync.  We tested that with the
florescent light test(looking for a stationary pattern when i put tape on
the disc).  Is it possible that my safety gap is too close?  Is the safety
supposed to be able to fire when there is not gap in place? because mine can
continuously.  I suppose that i better put a secondary in place to protect
the transformers.  Has anyone else had this problem setting up their gap?
this is my first one for these so im not really experienced.  Im pretty sure
that i just need the cradle.  Heres a question thats been bothering me: how
precise does the alignment have to be??!!  Because there is a small area of
setting in which the gap will fire on and off at random, but i can never get
it to be remotely continous.  Are there any other methods for this besides
the phase adjust by John Freau(variac) and the cradle type Terry uses??  If
so tell me!  Thanks again.

Steve Ward.