Re: Variable Capacitance and Inductance

Hi Dave,
Hopefully you saw my other post with the transformer connection causing the
variation. It just
happened to fall within the time frame of this topic and the associated
weather. Although it
pointed that way, it wasn't (I was a bit hasty in commenting and should
have made planned checks
before doing so). My mind hasn't changed about C or L changes with temp and
humidity. Conductors
expand/retract with temp and porous materials become more conductive with
humidity. Obviously, a
wound coil will exhibit changes far more than a sphere or sealed cap just
based on it's geometry
and exposure. The change on a sphere might be so small that it can probably
be ignored 99.9% of the
time and is probably difficult to measure.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>