RE: Variable Capacitance and Inductance

Hi Dave,

At 06:54 AM 5/25/2002 -0500, you wrote:

>Have you tried putting a hair dryer to your coil to see if temperature
>affects it?  Even with a 100 degree temperature variation, I had no
>inductance variation.  I'm going to put my coil in the shower today to see
>how humidity affects it.  I'd like to know for sure whether temperature or
>humidity are directly responsible for variations in coil inductance.
>
>Dave

I work with high power hot RF coils all the time.  The "inductance" should
not change aside from thermal expansion.  What changes slightly is the
resistance that serves to lower the Q of the coil.  Maybe I missed
something here since I don't know where inductance vs. temperature effects
got started...

Cheers,

	Terry