Re: which is better?

Adam: Your question is a choice you must determin for yourself. A solinoid
primary has the most coupling , most power to the secondary, and the most
problems. The flat primary has the least coupling, more material used, and
the least problems. The cone or "V" is a comprimise between the two. Vacuum
tube coilers use the solinoid almost totaly because they nead the high
coupeling. Pig coilers prefer the flat because they have power to burn. Just
where are your neads. I have all three and I can select which serves my
neads for each application I have. I haven't tried a part "V" part flat
coil. That sounds like an idea to try.
  Robert  H