Re: Different conditions?

Hi Gregg,

I've not had problems running outdoors. But I'm curious if you've tried
retuning once outside? If
the walls and ceiling are loading a large external capacitance on the coil,
then it's possible that
once outdoors, the extra wall-ceiling capacitance is no longer there -
which may require tuning.
Also, to minimize further changes, be sure to run the coil at the same
height off the ground as
indoors and to ground it in similar fassion. I can't think of anything else
if everything remained
the same.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Gregg Adams by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<network-at-nexband-dot-com>

> Hello everyone,
>
> Has anyone experienced different outputs from your coil by moving it outdoors
> as opposed to running it indoors?  I ran mine outdoors and didn't nearly get
> squat out of it.  I thought it might be a connection gone bad but
couldn't find
> anything.  I moved it back into the shed and it worked fine.  Weird eh?
Anyone