Re: strap primaries

Original poster: "Kevin Ottalini by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ottalini-at-mindspring-dot-com>

Greg:
        I use flat copper strap (flashing actually) on my very small to
medium
(10 watt to 4kw) range coils and don't see any problems and a few
additional advantages like much easier to handle and closer stepping.

Greg Leyh and Bill Wysock both use flat strip primaries with great
success on medium to very large coils.

I suspect that copper tubing is just much more plentiful (A/C and water
hookup) not necessarily a preferred choice.

Look in here for pictures of both my 5/8" and new 2" primaries:
http://www.mindspring-dot-com/~ottalini/DC%20Driven%20Tesla%20Coil.htm

I wouldn't say I run much over 20KV, but I suspect Greg Leyh's big TC
runs a bit more.

Here are a couple of pics of Greg Leyh's primary:
http://www.mindspring-dot-com/~ottalini/tc/GregLeyh/gl_coil1b.jpg
http://www.mindspring-dot-com/~ottalini/tc/GregLeyh/gl_pri1.jpg

Best,
        Kevin