First Light

Original poster: "Dave Leddon by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <leddon-at-attbi-dot-com>

Well done,
Using the suggestions I got from the group on srsg phase yesterday, I
tweaked the coil one last time and fired it up this morning.  Right out of
the gate I got 30 inch streamers and after touching up the phase using
John's remote phase adjuster, I'm getting 50 inches.  I haven't attempted
adjusting the primary tap as yet, but I'm pretty sure it's in the ballpark
since I preadjusted the tank circuit using a signal generator and scope.

Special thanks to Gary Lau whose coil I plagiarized and Richie Burnett
whose wonderful website provided all the information required to build an
successful synchronous gap.  And of course John Freau without whom I would
still be out in the garage on me hands and knees with a wrench trying the
get the phase dialed in.

Dave