Re: TC Secondary Currents - was ( Experimental Help - Terry?)

Original poster: "Wall Richard Wayne by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>

Terry,  list,

>Hi Richard,
>
>You would need a fairly high frequency to drive enough current through the low
>value of such a plate capacitor (those big 10.75" hole current monitors would
>be nice here) but here is a diagram of the setup.
>
>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/displacement.jpg

Terry, this is exactly the experimental set up I proposed.  So, has it been
done?  Probably easier to drive a flat plate air capacitor since air
dielectric constant  is near one.  While I'm not an expert on the mythical
"displacement current" (shudder), which way are they suppose to flow.  With
or against normal circuit flow?  BTW, as a control one should measure the
current flow in the leads up to the capacitor and compare it with the
Pearson "displacement current".

>My plane wave antenna below also measure displacement currents but through
>electrostatic means not magnetic as the Pearson thing would.
>
>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/planant/waveant3.html
>
>Oddly, I never used the term "displacement current" in this paper.  An obvious
>flaw :-(

No flaw here since you're are not measuring a "magnetic field" produced by a
displacement current.  You're measuring just plain good old electrostatics
in an air capacitor.  Some would say produced by longitudinal currents.  :-)
  Does anyone dispute there are longitudinal compression like ES forces in
capacitors?

RWW

>Cheers,
>
>        Terry
>

>> Can you give an experimental reference to this mysterious magnetic field
>> around this "displacement current"?  Can we measure it magnetically?
Could a