Re: first, second and third light of a flat coil

Original poster: "Paul Nicholson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <paul-at-abelian.demon.co.uk>

Hi Marc,

> I wound a somewhat conical primary that hangs under the secondary,
> 70 deg. angled inward, 11 turns at 20" in.

Can you give us more details of the primary, and its position
wrt the flat secondary?

> Racing arcs along the sec. windings are a real problem.

At what firing voltage does the trouble start?  What are your
primary cap and tap settings?  You'll need to retune by 20% or 30%
between the rim-grounded and center-grounded configurations.  Do
the racing arcs form at a particular radius on the coil?

It would be nice to model this situation.
--
Paul Nicholson