RE: Longitudinal Waves - Request for clarification

Original poster: "Colin Dancer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <CMD-at-dataconnection-dot-com>

 <Breath in....>

Dave,

Could I respectfully suggest that if you're unwilling to offer a clear
answer _in this list_ to the following questions then the whole topic has no
place in this list, and we should get back to the list's real focus of Tesla
coil theory and construction?

a) How are the E & B fields of longitudinal waves supposed to vary in space
and time?

b) How does this vary from classic far-field radiation & near-field
induction effects?

c) How are these waves created and measured?

Without a clear description of the physical properties of your "longitudinal
waves" further discussion in this list feels like just so much hot air.

Maybe I'm in a minority. Maybe the majority of people want to focus on
untestable theories - in which case I will just go back to lurking.  However
assuming that most of use are practical experimenters interested in
exploring the objective reality around us, could we _please_ either have a
testable theory or could we bring the discussion of LWs in this forum to a
close?

Colin.

P.S. I do not intend the above to be a personal attack, but I am frankly
tired of the hijacking of a wonderful resource for coilers by
pseudo-science.

(http://groups.yahoo-dot-com/group/spiralcoils/)  - Terry<<<