Experiment - Displacement Current's Magnetic Fields

Hi Antonio, Richard, Paul, All,

Going off Richard's original idea but correcting for obvious problems, I
would like to propose an experiment to test for magnetic fields caused by
displacement currents.  I wrote up my notes and posted than at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/DCtest1.jpg

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/DCtest2.jpg

Forgive the "sketches", keyboards and carpel tunnel...  Sister stole all
the artistics in the family...

Basically, it is a 6 inch diameter disk capacitor made from double sided PC
board material.  All the conductors lie in a plane.  A current sensing coil
is placed around it that only detects B-fields caused by displacement
currents and ignores those from the conducted currents (I could slit the
disk's conductors).

If the displacement currents create a B-field, then the current if the
Rogowski coil should be the same as measured by the external current
transformer.  If there is no B-field, the current will be darn near zero...
 The results should be (hope hope) "perfectly clear".  The Rogowski coil
should have little effect on the E-field of the capacitor since it can be
space say an inch away.

A plain sight easily reproducible experiment that should be definitive.
Rogowski coils may seem kind of weird but they are basic
(http://www.rocoil.cwc-dot-net/page2a.htm).  I thought this would be better
than fancy Pear$on CTs for others to reproduce.

I can't see any obvious problems but if there is some improvement or
terrible flaw I would appreciate knowing??  ?:-))

Any bets as to the results :o))  Personally, I have no idea as to what it
will be.  I would think it will either be Maxwell's great "I told you so"
or them other guy's great "gotcha!" :-))

Cheers,

	Terry
	terrellf-at-qwest-dot-net