"Odd" Coil

Original poster: "Marry Krutsch by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <u236-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hi everyone.

	I finally met with my physics teacher about the 18 pF (or whatever it
was) primary cap coil.  It turns out that what looks like a single plate
cap with glass backing, is really a normal plate cap with glass as the
dielectric.  Not sure about the size, but it's probably in the range of
5-10 nF.  Sorry for the confusion.  The spark length (he says) is 1.5
feet, using a 15/60 neon as a supply.  The coil uses a single static gap
with no air flow.  It was set too wide, at nearly 3/4"!  Maybe I can
help him "pump up" the coil a bit ;-).  Any Suggestions?

	I also asked him if he would like me to bring my coil by some time.  He
said that I could bring it by whenever I liked!  Hmmmm.  I like the idea
of a 480 cycle scream bouncing down the hall! ;-)).

Winston