RE: Wire for secondary coil.

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi Steve

I am assuming that you are referring to the "Wiremaker" who sells magnet
wire on ebay under the logan Papawire and is located in NJ. I have bought
only heavy build magnet wire from Parawire and I have encountered no
problems. The magnet wire offered by Parawire on ebay is expensive compared
to other possibilities. Only if I need a spool real fast do I contact
Parawire. There are better deals if one can wait. My building experience
with tesla coils is limited to secondary coils with about a four inch
diameter. There seems to be no problem with using single build wire on small
tesla coils in my experience. But I think that heavy build wire would
provided extra protection in high powered tesla coils such as those powered
by a pole pig.

Godfrey Loudner