Re: Thyristors and TCs

Original poster: "Ben McMillen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <spoonman534-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi all,
   I also had a simial question but it appears that John beat me to it.. ;) Is
this at all possible? I remember a thread awhile back that discussed using
MOV's as spark gaps, but the eventual conculstion was that they were ultimately
too slow.. Does the same apply here? I think these SCR's will handle alot of
current, but in order to hold off the voltage they'd have to be seriesed and
possibly paralled for more current.. while a single one is quite fast, putting
several in a network would make them slower.. at least I think.. Anyone have
any ideas?

Coiling in Pittsburgh
Ben McMillen

  Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>