Re: Flat Spiral Winding Techniques

Hi Dave -

I got back to my flat coil tonight as well. As you know I used carpet tape
which worked fine for
holding the wire down during winding. I put a plexisheet on top and it's
been there ever since.
Tonight, I removed the top plexisheet for coating.

Someone posted using superglue to hold the windings down. Seemed like the
right idea so I applied
small super glue runners in several areas (more runners on the outer
compared to the inner
winding). It dried just fine but the fumes (ouch! needs major ventilation)
(used standard old
superglue, nothing special).

Anyway, after it dried I applied spar varnish to different sections of the
winding (not all at
once). It's been drying for about 1/2 an hour now and none of the windings
are coming up. yeah!!
This method is working for me. Kudo's the person who mentioned superglue
runners!

When this varnish coat dries, I can liberally apply it over the entire coil
without worry. Just
took another look and it's flat as pancake.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>