Re: Microwave Oven Xfmr source?

This
> saves people dumping costs. Then I take the remains to a junkyard. The
> junkyard will not pay for microwave ovens, but it will accept the remains
> for free if the cases have been flattened. A cinder block will flatten a
> microwave oven. Now I don't have to pay to dump the remains. New microwave
> transformers from a supplier cost much in excess of $100. Ask your friends
> to help you.
>
> As to the filament of your tube, I don't know. I am illiterate when it comes
> to VTTCs. In fact I am afraid of the RF burns associated with VTTCs.
>
> Godfrey Loudner

	If you can chisel the secondary away (it's usually on the outside)
you'll have a primary and core on which you can easily wind enough wire
to drive the filaments.  Easiest way to figure out the turns is to wind
some known number of turns, perhaps 20 or so, measure the output voltage
when the primary is excited, figure the volts/turn or the turns/volt,
and scale the number of turns appropriately, perhaps adding a few
percent for resistive drop in the windings and leads to the tube.  Use
the biggest wire you can fit into the winding space and you'll come out
just fine.

Ed