RSG- idea, question

Original poster: "Mr Gregory Peters by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <s371034-at-student.uq.edu.au>

Hey guys, I have a new crazy idea, and a question,

On Richie Burnett's site (http://www.richieburnett.co.uk), I once saw
an interesting article on a sync gap with staggered electrodes. I am
contemplating making one. However, rather than using one rotor with
staggered electrodes, I will modify a bench grinder to run in sync and
put a rotor on each shaft. I will then wire each rotor system in
parallel. By adjusting the offset of the rotors I will be able to fully
investigate the effect of offset electrodes. Since I will be making
heaps of rotors over the next few months, I was considering using lexan
for my rotors to make them cheaper. Has anyone ever had a lexan rotor
fail at high speed? How many RPM and with what electrodes and power
have they been successfully used?

Cheers,

Greg Peters
Department of Earth Sciences,