Re: RSG- idea, question

In a message dated 3/23/02 1:51:58 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Greg,

Sounds like a nice idea.  I've used lexan rotors of about 9" dia,
and I've run them up to 5000 rpm with no trouble.  I guess my
max input power was about 2500 watts or so.  The electrodes
just got a little warm, so they didn't soften the lexan.  Such a
rotary can be seen at my website.  As far as I know lexan
can't really crack or shatter, unless certain chemicals influence
it.  My electrodes are usually 3/8" bolts placed through
the lexan disc with nuts to hold the bolts in place.  Actually I
cut the heads off the bolts so both ends can arc.

Cheers,
John