Spiral/Solenoid Combination Coil

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

I have the flat spiral and solenoid secondary combination coil up and
running.  It has more output than the flat spiral only coil did.  When it
gets dark tonight, I'll take some pictures.

The sparks on the top terminal are uniformly distributed in all directions.
The oscilloscope is going wild.  I wish I had some of the pupman
oscilloscope experts here to help me with this.

I can tell from the tuning process that I need to submerge my primary
capacitors in oil.  There's too many sharp edges and connections causing
leakage.

Today I also used the compressed air on my new 8 point series static spark
gap.  As soon as the air is applied, the streamers from the secondary
terminal appear to triple in length.

This experiment confirms beyond a doubt that the only reason a flat spiral
coil cannot throw sparks like a solenoid coil is because there is no
distance along the z axis.  When distance is added, the voltages stack up
and sparks come off of the secondary terminal.

This is also clear evidence for the validity of my pulse energy model as
well.  The coil behaves exactly as the model predicts.  BTW, I began running
real numbers into my pulse model.  I'm going to be able to write a very
informative Tesla coil calculation program using this model as the
calculations are very easy to do.  And once the system energy is known, all
energy characteristics can easily be calculated in most cases by one single
division operation.  For example, take the total system energy and divide it
by amps and you get magnetic flux in webers.

Everybody involved in Tesla coil math should get to know this model.  The
model presents energy as a total value that has several different "angles"
with very clear and concise relationships to each other.

The total energy (Pulse) can be viewed with the following relationships:

Where Pulse in Joules = mass of electron * c^2 * moles of electrons in
primary system * 2

Pulse / Volt = Coul
Pulse / Coul = Volt
Pulse / Amp = Weber
Pulse / Weber = Amp
Pulse / sec = Watt
Pulse / Watt = sec
Watt / Pulse = Hz
c / (Watt / Pulse) = Wavelength
2 * Coul^2 / Pulse = Farad
2 * Weber^2 / Pulse = Henry
Pulse / e = "mass" of a photon
Pulse / Ohm = coul^2 / sec (Seems like there is some relationship to
resistance that has not been fully explored.)

Paul and others take note.  You will not be disappointed by reading my
updated c^2 paper and following the theory.  It really is coherent, simple
to use, and extremely informative into the nature of energy.

I hope to have a more detailed explanation of the real world application of
the pulse model by later this week.

So far I have aroused some interest at NASA and the DOE with the c^2 theory.
Also, I have presented the c^2 paper to Science News for publication.
Hopefully they will see the value of the theory and include it for wide
spread peer review.

For those interested, the paper is online at:
http://www.tesla-coil-builder-dot-com/c2_and_longitudinal_waves.htm

Dave