Re: Ignition Transformer

Original poster: "torlin by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <torlin-at-ghostmail-dot-net>

New, they usually run between 50-100.  But if you find
where they take furnaces when they are no longer used
(ie..changing from fuel oil to nat. gas) then you can
usually get them really cheap (usually under 40 bucks)
 Call around to your local furnace repair companies or
actual heating/cooling sales companies for your local
prices.

Chris

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002 07:40:18 -0700
  "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:
>Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz
><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>
>Tesla list wrote:
>>
>> Original poster: "torlin by way of Terry Fritz
>><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><torlin-at-ghostmail-dot-net>
>>
>> My first TC was built around a 10KV 23mA fuel oil
>>furnace
>> transformer.  It worked really well until I got stupid
>>and
>> cut the secondary coil in half to make a tertiary coil.
>>  OOPS.  The Ignition transformer is still working, but
>>the
>> coil is dead now.  They are very sturdy and easy to set
>> up, and usually much cheaper than Neon Sign Trannies or
>> Pole Pigs.
>>
>> Hope it helps
>
>	Are they really cheap?  I'd like to get one to power a
>small TC and
>haven't figured out how to do it (in Pasadena, CA area).
>
>Ed

For the best comics, toys, movies, and more,
please visit <http://www.tfaw-dot-com/?qt=wmf>