Re: primary/secondary strikes at the base.

> >I keep getting strikes between my secondary  and primary coil, what can i do
>
> >to stop this? i have already trimmed a little wore off my secondary, and
> >primary, that did not help
> >Thanks
> >Adam

Adam,

If the base connection of your secondary is not grounded, this
will often cause primary to secondary strikes also.  I would
ground the secondary, make sure the primary tuning is correct,
then raise the secondary some, if strikes still occur.  If the
primary and secondary are too close (less than 1/2" or so),
this can promote strikes at that area too.

Cheers,
John