Geek Group Cap mod

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jim-at-jlproduction-dot-com>

Hi all,
I just finished my GG SW  bucket cap and wanted to let you know
something I learned.
The page says 12 Corona bottles will "just fit". Well with 13 in mine
they still rattled around but 14 would not fit. I got the bright idea to
put the 13 in place and immerse the bucket in our jet wash at work. The
220 degree solution softened the bucket enough so bottle #14 just wedged
in place. When it cooled the bottles are so secure that when tipped
upside down they do not fall out.
Here are some images
http://www.jlproduction-dot-com/GGcap1.jpg

http://www.jlproduction-dot-com/GGcap2.jpg

If you look close you can see the bottom of the bucket is slightly
bulged where they are squashed in but I think it will be alright. Some
quick and possibly errant math got me this value. The GG page says it is
rated at. 0125 MFD -at- 80KV. I divided these numbers by the 12 bottles
they had and got-
.00104 MFD for EACH bottle and 6,666 volts EACH. I then multiplied these
numbers by my 14 bottles and got-
.01456 MFD and 93,324 volts.
This is not the required MFD rating needed for my 2 NST's but it’s a lot
closer than I was, and with my commercial cap added will be PERFECT for
my third NST which is in the mail!!

As always any and all comments or suggestions welcome.
Jim Layton
http://www.jlproduction-dot-com/Tesla.html