Re: Keeping up with the theory (was is Corum and Corumforbidden topic?)

Hi Ray,

Paul's program number crunches from pure basic physics.  No empirical stuff
there :-))  No experimental data is needed except to verify that it is
working properly.  However, unlike a nice closed form equation, the
programs simulate the physics of a coil and literally calculate the thing
out using trillions of math operations...

E-Tesla6 uses curve fitted equations from data collected from Paul's
program running an array of coils for Les, but the rest is also pure math
and physics.  Strictly speaking, I guess it does not need any experimental
data either since it can all be done with a computer.

Granted we are not deriving the answer from great over all God like
knowledge, but we are just good enough to get a computer to reproduce the
physics of a coil that we arbitrarily type in and the computer crunches the
answer we would see if we actually built and ran it.  I guess it depends
one how one defines "empirical".  In a way, we just measure a computer
simulation rather than an actual coil.  However, we do know far more about
how the data is made where in an experimental case we may just have a set
of data and have no idea how it is related to anything...  Pual's program
is based on the physics in the paper at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/pn2511-10e.pdf

There is not a lot of "guess work" in it :-))

Of course, Medhurst and Wheeler are pure empirical data fitted equations
from tons of experimental data.

A few of us like to watch coils operate on computer screens but we get out
to the real sparks now and then too ;-)  I will admit, "I" get just as much
fun out of the computer kind :o))  However, most people rate fun in the
amount of nitrogen burned ;-))

Cheers,

	Terry