Re: magnets in HDs

Original poster: "Mike Harrison by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mike-at-whitewing.co.uk>

These are Neodymium-Iron-Boron magnets,
They're strong enough to do some really neat tricks with - try
dropping it into a close-fitting gap between 2 chunky bits of
aluminium (e.g. heatsinks) - it falls REAL slow due to eddy-current
braking.

For more neodymiumania(?)....

http://www-dot-netcomuk.co.uk/~wwl/neodym.html
http://www.eskimo-dot-com/~billb/neodemo.txt

On Wed, 08 May 2002 07:58:43 -0600, you wrote:

>Original poster: "Mr Gregory Peters by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <s371034-at-student.uq.edu.au>