Re: 180KVDC

Original poster: "Mike Harrison by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mike-at-whitewing.co.uk>

On Wed, 08 May 2002 07:56:20 -0600, you wrote:

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Fucian-at-aol-dot-com>
>
>In a message dated 5/7/02 8:49:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>writes:
>
><< Thanks Kevin and others for the information. I was going to try to win the
> device on ebay, but I'm not going to bid because it might lack an inverter.
> If its not complete, I could never get it going. The tesla list is a good
> place to find out about things, especially caps, before you place a bid on
> ebay.
>
> Godfrey Loudner   >>
>You can make an inverter out of a flyback transformer VERY easily.
...although you'd have to bypass the rectifier/tripler which is
present in most tv/monitor flybacks - I think for a beast like this
you might want something a bit more powerful.
A solid-state type neon-sign transformer might be worth  a try,
though.