Re: magnets in HDs

Original poster: "Alexander Rice by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <alex-at-rices.myip-dot-org>

10/05/2002 19:27:46, "Tesla list"
<tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:

>Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of
Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun-dot-com>

>0riginal bar magnet:
>	+----------------------------------+
>	| North                      South |
>	+----------------------------------+
>
>broken bar magent:
>	+-----------------+  +-----------------+
>	| North     South |  | North     South |
>	+-----------------+  +-----------------+
>
>please say again how the two new ends are
going to _REPEL_ ??????

>-Peter Lawrence.

I know, i was thinking that but it is true,
broken hdd magnets really do repel, i think
the thing is that north and south are alligned
on the thin dimenesion of the magnet, when you
break it ALONG the N/S axis then the pieces
repel. IE:
>	+-----------------+
>	|			  |
	| North     South |