Re: magnets in HDs

Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

This is one I've never understood. If I have a bar
magnet that is N====S, then I break it in two, it
seems like I should have a N==S N==S, but since the
two repel, do I now have N==S S==N? Why did one flip
polarity and the other one not?

I realize we're drifting dangerously OT.

Adam

> Original poster: "Ben McMillen by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <spoonman534-at-yahoo-dot-com>
>
>   When you break a magnet, you essentially create
> two new
> poles opposite to that of the original poles on each
> half..
>

> Coiling In Pittsburgh
> Ben McMillen

=====