Re: uses for a Tesla Coil?

Original poster: "Justin Hays by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pyrotrons2000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Unfortunately, there are no uses for a Tesla Coil. Period. That is,
if you define a Tesla coil as a resonant air core high Q transformer
used with a spark gap and capacitor to make HVRF. (similar to an
encyclopedia definition).

The only useful thing I've done with it is demonstrate it to kids,
they love it. I did a presentation at the local college last week for
a "SCI TEK FOR KIDS" get-together field day thing...they really got a
kick out of it.

That's about the only use I can think of, these things are MADE for
people (esp. kids) to look at and say "cool".

I suggest making something up, I guarantee you they won't know the
difference if you do it right.

Take care,

Justin Hays
KC5PNP