measuring secondary parasitic capacitance?

Original poster: "Laurence Davis by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <meknar-at-hotmail-dot-com>

just out of curiosity i tried to measure the capacitance of a secondary.
my meter kept giving the out of range error, then at one point started
to give a reading. it wasnt stable.  the lowest I read was .150 nf.
I didn't do the tesla calc thing on the secondary, but I would expect
two things.

should be .015nf (or 15pf) or rounds 'bout there.

parasitic capacitance has to be measured with higher
voltage. perhaps the lower voltage requires more sensitivity
to measure the capacitance than that of higher voltage.
or design a piece of test equipment to measure it.
just curious to see accurate the estimations are.

larry.