RE: 3/4, 1/4, or 3/4 copper tubing?

Original poster: "Jeff W. Parisse by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>

TCML,

Faraday's law protects the gas inside the pipes. We don't ground to gas
pipes either but not because of scientific reasons but "common sense".
"Common" referring to the public safety officer who inspects the
installation: he or she isn't going to place their faith on Faraday's
law or our interpretation of it.

This is one of those "yeah, you can do it but..." issues. Sure you can
ground to gas pipes and even hit them with power arcs... but why do you
want to do that?

Even if Dan Spacecat wasn't kidding about his use of a gas line
ground... I'd follow Dan Kline's advice. Good common sense!

Jeff

  > Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"  >
<dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>  >  > Heck, my grounding system now is
just tying my braided rf ground  > lead with a  > single loose-fitting
overhand knot around my gas line going into my house.  > Works great!!!!
 >  > Dan

That's pretty funny. I hope everyone knows that that was a joke. Don't
ever use a gas-line as a ground, guys. Dan K.