From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 9:53 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Fair Radio 100KV Caps

Original poster: "Harold Weiss by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hello all,

Back in (I believe) 1999, I bought some 100KV caps from Fair Radio
Sales.  These came out of an old government project which used 100 in
series.  Markings are F-C-I, KM14-1000-10, .01MFD-100KVDC, NOV
1983.  Dimensions are 10X5X2.5" with two copper 1/4X1" threaded studs, one
on each end.  There is also a nylon screw in one end.  Case seems to be a
white PVC.  I used two of them in the coil I had at the Cheesehead
Teslathon.  They seem to work well for TC use, although one seems to be
getting a hot spot, when used with my static gaps, with the rotory, no warming.

Has anyone else gotten their hands on these, or have had a failure with
these? I cannot find the manufacturer for these and no one at any national
lab has either.  I would like to know what these are made of, without
trying to dismantle a working one.

David E Weiss