RE: MOT power supply

Original poster: "Rothman, Aric by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Aric.Rothman-at-Honeywell-dot-com>

I am contemplating construction of a 4 transformer MOT power supply.  The
plan is to enclose two pairs of MOTs in ammo
cans.  Within the ammo cans, the two MOTs will have their secondaries
series connected via a metal plate upon which the
MOTs will be mounted.  The core connections on each MOTs secondary will be
retained.  The output from the secondaries
will be taken up from the single tab terminal from each MOT.  The primaries
will be series connected with appropriate
phasing.  The metal plate upon which the MOTs are mounted shall be isolated
from the case and the contents of the ammo
can shall be immersed in oil.  Secondary and primary connections shall be
brought out of the case with insulated
bushings.  In use, the cases shall be grounded.

Does this sound acceptable.  I understand the usual method of series
connecting secondaries is to connect the secondary
terminal of the grounded center MOT to the core of the next MOT.  In my
proposed design, the grounded MOT secondaries
would have their "center tap" connection on the secondary tabs of the inner
MOTS.

Aric