Re: Argon or Xenon Bulbs Wanted

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "harvey norris by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <harvich-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 > I am looking for bulb manufacturers, to supply
 > standard size straight tube sizes of 20-24 inch.
 > Argon has more blue light than I would wish, and I was
 > wondering if the xenon gives a better whitish blue
 > light. Evidently some bulbs produce different colors
 > by inside coatings on the glass? That starts to sound
 > expensive, and I know gas bulbs are expensive to begin
 > with, so I want to weigh the options. Havent checked
 > EBAY yet for such an "off the wall" item. Gas bulbs
 > are difficult to obtain locally in NE Ohio, and
 > someday I hope to get into that business, but for now
 > I would rather just play around with the pole pig
 > bombarder I purchased. I am working on converting the
 > house lighting to gas by the purchase of many of these
 > efficient solid state neon transformers. I figure the
 > cost savings over time vs conventional incadescent
 > bulbs can justify the expenditure. Perhaps I am better
 > off just using florescents to accomplish this?
 > harvich-at-yahoo-dot-com

	A year or so ago someone on this list (can't remember anything except
that he was in the Denver area) made me up three very neat 18" (?)
tubes, one with neon, one with argon, and one with mercury.  Maybe he'll
respond to you.  I seem to remember he told me the electrodes were made
in Brazil, and the slickest I've ever seen.

Ed