Re: top-breakout points

Original poster: "Chris Roberts by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <quezacotl_14000000000000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hello,

I'm first letting you know that I'm no expert (far from it) but we were
able to make some interesting designs from a medium length (about 1 1/2
feet) piece of bare wire sticking off of a smaller than required toroid. We
got good amounts of corona and sparks off the length of the wire with most
of the sparks coming off the tip. So mabye you could try something like
that, I'm pretty sure there is a limit to the length of the wire before it
stops working, but you'll have to experement with that. Good luck.

>Original poster: "The Cronje Family by way of Terry Fritz "
>
>TCML:
>
>I was wondering: is it possible to make a secondary break-out point from
>copper piping and bend it into shapes, instead of a toroid? Surely, if one
>uses a long enough length of pipe, it will have enough capacitance for
>decent streamers, but low enough for more streamers at a time?
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Pieter

-Chris

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all
of them yourself."-unknown