Re: top-breakout points

>I was wondering: is it possible to make a secondary

>break-out point from copper piping and bend it into shapes,

>instead of a toroid?

         Assuming the 'shapes' be toroidal, or spherical, etc
         This is what seems to be done with the Electrum
         machine:
                 The top terminal is a cage, a skeleton
                 sphere of stainless tubes.

         (which appears to match one of my pet theories:
                 That the effective top terminal is the
                 corona cloud, with the physical
                 terminal being a former for that.
         I guess the corona cloud would collapse on
         streamer formation...
         My theory is unproven.  8)>>)

>Surely, if one uses a long enough length of pipe,

         Of what shape?
         Both what shape for the pipe?
         and for the shape formed by the pipe?

>it will have enough capacitance for decent streamers, but low

>enough for more streamers at a time?

         best
         dwp

...the net of a million lies...