Re: MOT power supply

Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

 >Thanks for this data Finn this is ther very first time I have seen a real
rating for core to winding for a MOT.

Still this figure is in air so in oil I'd imagine the stresses of a 4 or 6
pak could be indefinate. My oil as I recall is rated at 70kv/mm

Whatever the limits are I think good design with 6 paks in oil does not pose
a problem from my own experience and judging from reports on the list.

Hate to think of the ratio of dead NST's to MOT's or worse $NSTdead/$MOTdead
Best to all
Ted L in NZ