RE: circuit board makers

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

  > The best and most economical place is:
  >
  > www.expresspcb-dot-com
  >
  > I use this service at both work for engineering prototype boards and for
  > personal use.  They have their own free software
  > which is extremely easy to use, has a large library of readily available
  > parts (plus you can make your own), and delivery
  > time is extremely fast as well.  Design your board on their software.
Click
  > a button to send file with payment information, and you'll receive
finished
  > boards in about two days.

They seem to only make really "small" boards of a fixed size useless to me.
The prices look pretty extreme as well. At something like $100 per two board
it better be some master craftman union people making that board by hand
with a chisel.

Well, it's back to the etch resist sharpie marker, hacksaw and really
exciting rhombus shaped circuit boards.

KEN

up to 24" x 36".
You obviously didn't take the time to carefully look at the services they
provide.  They
show you pricing formulas for any size board you need and their software
will automatically
calculate that price for you as well.

I just calculated the 1" x 10" board you need, and for standard service the
cost including delivery is
$92.50 with the order shipped out the next day.  Thats a very good price for
a double-sided board and the cheapest
price out of all the online PCB house i just checked for similar service.

Remember, you're not really paying for the materials.  You are paying for
the set-up and tooling costs.  If you ordered say about 50 of the same
board, the price would only be about $300.00.  The more you buy, the MUCH
cheaper it is.

Dan