Re: best ground for tesla coils?

Original poster: "Black Moon by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <black_moons-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>hello
>
>i was wondering whats the best ground for my tesla coil?
>at the moment we connected our tesla coil to the earth from
>the 220V main power.
>but i have some doubt if this is a good solution. because of
>disturbing other peopel who have their computer or somthing
>else connected to the same ground.

Yes, very bad idea indeed, you might be puting up to 10v ac on that ground.
While that may no seem like much, it is to devices that are designed to
only have say 10mv on there ground

>whats better:
>to take a metall plate on the floor to make my own earth?
>how big should such a plate be?
Uh, no, you do not want a large metal plate in your room connected to your tc

>or, to put a metall stake into the earth in front of my house, and
>to link my teslacoil ground together whit this stake? to the connection
>i would take a special emv cooper band.

Best idea! tho copper bands are overkill, just like those audiophiles and
gold plated oxygen free mylar coated cables, we don't need 'leet' wireing.
we just need wireing, skin effect is very limited at tc freqencys, and
quartlengths are quite long so ground cable distance isent a big issue.
just use some nice 15amp wire or mabey 20~30amp wire if your paranoid.
might wanna get some insulation on it tho. with my crappy flyback and film
capsul tesla (and tent peg ground) i can get tiny sparks off my ground when
I touch it to metal objects

>or, to link my teslacoil together with the water pipe who is
>comming in my house? what's about gas pipe's?
Water and gas is bad idea. just use the nice long pole in the ground