How to get tar really hott? Re: HElllP!, did I fry my NST?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Beans45601-at-aol-dot-com>

I have tried to depot one of my NST's and first I tried to cook it in the oven,
but, after a while, I stopped since it was stinking up my house and was not
working at all. Then I tried putting it in the charcoal barbcue, and this
worked. But, it did not melt the tar, it just made it softer. How could you
possibly MELT the tar? I mean, barbecues get mighty hot, do you just have to
throw it in an insenrator (spelling?) or something? After I got the tar off,
only one side worked (still). But, I did not take the tar out of between the
core and the primary and secondary, is this the problem? It seemed to be the
only thing holding them up. Or does it matter if they are touching the core?
Thanks
Adam