Re: How to get tar really hott? Re: HElllP!, did I fry my NST?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <PLUGHzz-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 10/17/2002 4:20:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> I have tried to depot one of my NST's and first I tried to cook it in the
> oven,
> but, after a while, I stopped since it was stinking up my house and was not
> working at all. Then I tried putting it in the charcoal barbcue, and this
> worked. But, it did not melt the tar, it just made it softer. How could you
> possibly MELT the tar? I mean, barbecues get mighty hot, do you just have to
> throw it in an insenrator (spelling?) or something? After I got the tar off,
> only one side worked (still). But, I did not take the tar out of between the
> core and the primary and secondary, is this the problem? It seemed to be the
> only thing holding them up. Or does it matter if they are touching the core?
> Thanks
> Adam

I put mine in the oven to remove the tar. was in there for a coupe hours at 300
or so then I upped it to 400 then almost 500 for a few mins to get i tnice and
runny. start out on lower temp so it doesnt smoke. then when it was hot hot hot
through and through I just  put it upside down (with cover off) on two lil
paint buckets over some cardboard . that got about 98% of it off then I cut the
top off of a plastic gallon of thinner and droppe dit in to hot tank it for a
bit. Nice and clean now, even shiny

Danny L. Ray II