fibreglass secondary or sealed pvc

Original poster: "Justin Wright by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <justin-at-tracesofnut-dot-com>

Hello,

Has anyone tried to make a secondary out of fibreglass (woven cloth
type)?

I read in the archives where someone asked the question, but I could not
find any real answers.

I was thinking that a fibreglass tube could be made over another form
and made very thin. The winding could be covered in another layer or
just epoxied over.

Would this be better than PVC or am I worrying about nothing.  I have
read about a lot of coils using PVC so it can't be that bad.

I had planned to seal the PVC tube after drying.  Is it the moisture it
absorbs that makes PVC lossy or just the material itself.

Regards,

Justin.