RE: fibreglass secondary or sealed pvc

Original poster: "Jeff W. Parisse by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>

Justin,

The Model 9J uses a 20" PVC form and the 10J uses a 24" fiberglass form.

Warning! Non-scientific anecdotal information follows: I don't notice
any performance difference between the two materials (no flames from the
double-blind scientist gallery please).

Make sure you dry and seal the PVC (voice of experience here - no
science flames please) and you'll be just fine. I use Spray-On brand red
insulator.

Jeff Parisse
www.teslacoil-dot-com

Original poster: "Justin Wright by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <justin-at-tracesofnut-dot-com>

Hello,

Has anyone tried to make a secondary out of fibreglass (woven cloth
type)?

snip

I had planned to seal the PVC tube after drying.  Is it the moisture it
absorbs that makes PVC lossy or just the material itself.

Regards,

Justin.