Re: First Attempt at Light goes down in flames!!!!! Whats WRONG!!!!

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <network-at-neXband-dot-com>

    That sounds like my first attempt at building a coil.  What I found to
be wrong with mine was that I had connected my tank circuit to the outer
turn of the primary and tapped a few turns in. <--What was I thinking!!!
After I connected to the first inner turn and tuned, it helped ALOT!  Then
I fried my NST:(  After that I built the Greg Hunter MOT supply.  Major
improvement over the NST.  All this time I wasn't getting any impressive
break-outs.  I then built the Greg Hunter rotary spark gap from a angle
grinder.  This addition really made my coil rock!  The static gap that I
was using was just not quenching and was arcing.

Did you have the bottom of the secondary grounded?  I forgot this not to
long ago and got NO output.

Hope this helps,
Gregg Adams