Re: The Tabletop Tesla Coil Showdown - OFFICIAL RULES and WEBSITE

Original poster: "Edward Wingate by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ewing7-at-rochester.rr-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:
<snip>
> > I really don't know how you can be sure from a distance that everyone
> > is playing fair as far as input power levels are concerned. At the
> > Teslathon it can be closely monitored.
> >
> > Ed Wingate RATCB
>
> Ed,
>
> If someone comes up with a claim of superior performance,
> then others can try to replicate it based on the details of the design.
> If no one can replicate the results, then they should be considered
> suspect.
>
> John

John,

You mean a duplicate coil/coils will have to built to see if someone
is cheating? Wouldn't the input power level still be an issue that
can't be verified reliably and makes construction of a duplicate coil
irrelevant?

Ed