use bleeder resistors on mmc!

Original poster: "Laurence Davis by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <meknar-at-hotmail-dot-com>

To those of you that think bleeder aren't needed...

When I was building a small mmc for a tttc, i wasn't running
bleeders (just during testing, i just couldn't wait), i decided
to short the caps before playing with the cap.

Actually I almost didn't, but i thought 'hey, just to be safe, i guess i
should.'

EVERY cap in the mmc had residual charge.  I used a screwdriver to short
each cap out. 2 strings of 9 0.033uf 1600v caps.  some made a loud crack,
but most were just a small snap.

I once got zapped from a flash capacitor.  that hurt. i dont want to repeat
that. And i imagine that 1600v would be worse.

a reminder...

be safe use bleeders on your mmc.

it has them now.

larry