synchronous vac gap!?!

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi all,

some bizaar news!  I was running my 15/120 coil with the Gary Lau sucker gap
(works awesome now!!) and some new CD caps.  The coil was constantly getting
64" to the ground!  But more interesting, was the tone of the coil.  It
sounded just like 120BPS.  And it sounded like this for several seconds
(well the entire run)!  Im comparing it to a video clip of a SRSG coil that
specially said to note the perfect sounding opperation.  MY coil sounded
PERFECT!!!  It would only be disturbed when the arcs hit the ground.  Very
cool effect, and the acrs moved around slowly and beautifully like this,
quite awesome.  I think that the gap was set at about .28".  Making it
larger improved performance, but it lost that perfect pitch.  Im bringing
this coil to the Wis. Teslathon, so hopefully i can reproduce these results!
  Anyone else ever have this?

Steve Ward.