Re: Another capacitive transformer TC

Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>

Antonio,

With regard to increasing the capacitance of the timing
capacitor C3 from 1.8nF is there any suggested
value/construction/tolerance?
maybe increase C3 by 10 to 18nF or (next best) 22nF?
Or would 10nF be acceptable?

How critical is capacitor construction/tolerance for the
timing cap?
I understand electrolytic not advisable for timing
plastic film is possibly OK and
polystyerene or silver mica is better.

My visualisation of the output circuit is this:-
 Vcc------+
          /   TR1
Pin 3-+--|    BC337
      |   \ e